Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanks, Day 10

If you're reading along (and God only knows why you still would be) then you know I recently went to a nice event at the Cultural Arts Center. I said it was a pottery show, but now I believe ceramics show is more accurate. But that's not the point. The point is that at that event you could buy a handmade soup bowl for $10 and then have it filled with soup for your dinner. There were a couple racks displaying bowls, you picked your favorite and filled it up. My friend Marsha picked the prettiest bowl there. I really liked it. I coveted it. I looked for a similar one, but couldn't find it. Marsha even offered to give me the bowl because she knew I had bowl-envy, but what kind of friend takes a soup bowl right out of another friends hand? My mom taught me better. I settled on a nice but clearly inferior bowl.

I met Marsha today for lunch and what did she bring me? The bowl. What a thoughtful thing to do.  I love it, and I am thankful.

I believe I'll put gravy in it.

For those of you playing at home, here's the thankfulness recap:

1. Gravy
2. Fannie Flagg
3. Gambling
4. Boss in Meetings
5. Fridays
6. Aunt Louise
7. Perfect Fall Days
8. Road Trips
9. Larry Hagman (are you paying attention?)
10. Enlargement Pill Emails
11. No Cancer Head
12. Pretty Bowls

4 comments:

  1. I'm following along, Jeano! I love it. Reading about what you are thankful for is a window into your mind/heart and a fun way to get to know you better-- from 500 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am following along Jeano! And I too have known bowl envy. Renee K has a bowl that I really like. It's the perfect size for EVERYTHING... mixing, serving, displaying - it's perfect. She left it here one evening after dinner and I must admit that it was difficult to return it - but I did. To know the perfect bowl and to give it back is better than never knowing what a bowl could be. I am thankful for that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure do miss seeing the two of you, maybe we can hook up sometime over the holidays.

    Renee, I applaud your philosophical approach to bowl envy. You make us all proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, too. Terribly. Looks like we'll be staying in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving but I'll be home for Christmas. I do hope we can get together then.

    ReplyDelete