Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Blog for Your Breasts Day



Just a couple quick thoughts now that it's October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer about 25 years ago. She had a large, egg-size lump in her breast that the doctor ignored for quite awhile because it hurt and, according to him at the time, cancerous tumors didn't hurt. She had a mastectomy, no chemo or radiation, and luckily is alive and well and cancer free.

My friends Linda, Betsy and Kay are all breast cancer survivors.

Face it, we all know someone who's had breast cancer.

I joined the Army of Women because I love the concept: Using the internet to find women to participate in breast cancer research. I haven't qualified for any of the studies so far, but you never know, maybe I will some day. (You don't have to have breast cancer to do that, by the way.) 

In the meantime, I thought I could at least participate in Blog for your Breasts Day.

To borrow a phrase from another breast cancer support group, it's time to save the tatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment