Thursday, January 6, 2011

Link Ball Sweater

At work, we get a lot of email from customers. There’s a department devoted to handling it, and they send out a weekly report with the top and bottom rated items, along with customer comments.

I read the following in this week’s report. The only thing I edited is the woman’s name and address.

Get ready.

Rolled cuff sweater WHITE I BROUGH THIS WHITE SWEATER SIZE 14-16 I WORN IT SO I WASH IT IN COLD WATER ONLY THE SWEATER WHEN I TOOD IT OUT THE WASH IT WAS ALL LINK BALL AM A VERY BIG CUSTOMER OF LANE BRYANT AND THAT THE FIRST TIME THAT I EVERY GOTTEN SOMETHING FROM LANE BRYANT AND IT MESS UP LIKE THAT. I REALLY LOVE MY SWEATER HAD SO MANY COMPAREMENT ON IT NOW I CAN NEVER WEAR IT AGAIN AND THAT REALLY HURT. MY NAME IS… I HAVE THE CAPRI BREEZE BUT NOW I'AM DON'T KNOW TO WEAR IT OR NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT TO MESS UP WHEN IT COME TO WASHING IT. THANK YOU

Don’t you love it? Me too. So being the smart ass that I am, I sent an email to a few like-minded co-workers. The string that followed had me laughing out loud at my computer. The subject line was “wtf??”

Jean: Some of our customer comments just kill me. But, to be fair, I too hate it when my sweater gets all link ball.

Meghan: What’s a comparement?

Alexis: Wow. Can we please pass some sort of code that says you can only leave a comment if you passed third grade English?

KT: NOTHING MAKE ME YELL like a link ball sweater.

Linda: LOL!!! That was funny. But seriously – WTF?

Jenn: Meghan - Maybe it’s the opposite of “compliments”? I can’t stop laughing. That’s just nuts. Why is every single verb either misspelled or in the wrong tense? Don’t they teach grammar in Charlotte NC ?

I don’t know, maybe you had to be here. But "NOTHING MAKE ME YELL like a link ball sweater" has had me laughing all day.

1 comment: