Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today's Rant

I just got back from taking care of a little business in Dublin, Ohio. I was in the area of Avery Road and Perimeter Drive. This is a dense commercial area. Lots of stores. Lots of offices. Trouble is, you can't find any of them because Dublin won't post a sign that anyone can see. Through your windshield, it's all hedges and rooftops. Is there a bank nearby? Can I drive through somewhere for lunch? Who knows? By the time you see the sign - if you ever do - you've driven past it. Seriously, Dublin, I'm not fooled into thinking I'm driving along a country lane or through a quaint little village. Do us all a favor and put up some golden arches for godsake.

Disclaimer: I know a smart, earnest young woman who works for the City of Dublin. It's a lovely place, mostly, and she probably doesn't agree with me about the signs but that's because she's smart, earnest and young and I'm cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment